Monday 22 September 2008

A Dream - Still In the Waiting

Another year of training, another attempt to swim from England to France. I'm lucky to have this opportunity again. This years attempt was a huge learning experience and to meet great like-minded swimmers who had interesting tales to tell was invaluable. I am, believe it or not, rather keen to do the necessary training all over again.

I now know that I need to train much more and harder in the sea. To do more interval training in the sea to keep my speed up. I will continue to have a training log book and record the metres and hours I swim each week, this helps me mentally. I am usually a highly organised person with everything having to be just right, if its not, anxiety and panic occurs! So to keep calm, still train hard and if a training session is missed, don't give myself the usual hard time....as much.

At the moment I am really enjoying training in the pool in preparation for the summer season. Speed work is very important as it is great to have good base of fitness and speed before hitting the open water. At the moment I am trying to swim around 20-25k a week...and loving it.

Having a break before the next training set


I hope next year is my year. I am ready to go, ready to swim. Swimming half way over the channel this year was not good enough. So here goes......stroke - stroke - stroke - breath.