Monday 9 March 2009

Done the training to start the training

Now For the Training

After finishing the Rottnest Channel Swim I was exhausted after struggling through the strong currents near Rottnest Island. However, there was no sign of any body aches or pains, just fatigue.
Two weeks after the Rottnest Channel swim, I feel fresh, rested and ready to commence the training needed for the coming English Channel swim in five months time. Where are the days/weeks going?

During the coming weeks, I plan to do quality interval workouts in the pool at:
  • Churchlands High School 25m pool. Most training will be done here under coach, Pauline Pratt.

  • Bold Park 50m pool. Will try to touch base with my AUSSI club - Bold Park Power Masters, on Tuesday evening club night.

  • Challenge Stadium 50m pool. The Rottnest Channel Swim Group - Wednesday mornings.

My longer swims to be over the weekends:

  • Saturday morning - Churchlands High School pool under coach, Pauline Pratt
  • Saturday afternoons - open water swim at either Hillary's boat harbour or the Swan River
  • Sunday morning - long ocean swim at either North Cottesloe, Sorrento or Mullaloo Beach

Gym session at Churchlands High School - Wednesday evenings. Plus follow through light gym session/s at home. Love to fit in a beach walk with family.

One day off a week to have a physical and mental break!

Sounds good to me ..... I am lucky to have support from a great training group, making my journey so much easier and fun ... hmmm, well most of the time.

Just keep swimming - A breathtaking experience